Visit Diocese of Scranton Website for additional information.
Diocese of Scranton Scranton, PA
- Catholics in the United States Have an Opportunity to Make a Positive, Global Impact on Lives of the Impoverished and Marginalizedby Dan Gallagher on February 16, 2024 at 2:34 pm
February 12, 2024 WASHINGTON – At Masses on the weekend of March 9-10, Catholics across the United States will have an opportunity to help the most impoverished and marginalized by giving to The Catholic Relief Services Collection of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB). This annual collection helps fund the U.S. bishops’ flagship international relief … Continue reading "Catholics in the United States Have an Opportunity to Make a Positive, Global Impact on Lives of the Impoverished and Marginalized"
- Bishop Bambera’s Lenten Message 2024by Dan Gallagher on February 15, 2024 at 8:57 pm
Dear Brothers and Sisters, In his 2024 Lenten message to the Church, Pope Francis invites us to reflect upon the desert experience that is so prevalent in the life of Jesus and throughout the sacred scriptures. “Lent is the season of grace in which the desert can become once more – in the words of … Continue reading "Bishop Bambera’s Lenten Message 2024"
- Prayer Service for Peace in Ukraine, marking two years since invasion, to be held Feb. 25 in Scrantonby Eric Deabill on February 15, 2024 at 7:38 pm
SCRANTON – It has been nearly two years since the Russian invasion of Ukraine began – and all people of goodwill are invited to join together to pray for an end to the war later this month. On Sunday, Feb. 25, 2024, a ‘Prayer Service for Peace and to Commemorate the Second Year of … Continue reading "Prayer Service for Peace in Ukraine, marking two years since invasion, to be held Feb. 25 in Scranton"
- Catholic Television to broadcast Cathedral devotions during Lentby Eric Deabill on February 15, 2024 at 7:35 pm
SCRANTON – During Lent, the Cathedral of Saint Peter offers several ways in which the faithful can deepen their relationship with Jesus and come to know Him in a more intimate way. CTV: Catholic Television of the Diocese of Scranton will make many of these opportunities available to the faithful through television broadcasts and livestream … Continue reading "Catholic Television to broadcast Cathedral devotions during Lent"
- ‘Road to Resurrection’ series to be held in Lackawanna & Lycoming Countiesby Eric Deabill on February 15, 2024 at 7:28 pm
The parishes of the Scranton and Williamsport Deaneries are inviting the faithful to participate in ‘Road to Resurrection’ events this Lent. In Scranton, the faithful will be able to immerse themselves in scripture from the Gospels as they are guided through the events surrounding Jesus’ death and resurrection. In the Lycoming County area, the weekly … Continue reading "‘Road to Resurrection’ series to be held in Lackawanna & Lycoming Counties"
- Rectory, Set, Cook! III is now underwayby Eric Deabill on February 15, 2024 at 7:25 pm
SCRANTON – For the third year in a row, priests from across the Diocese of Scranton have taken to the kitchen, recording themselves cooking a favorite recipe, to raise money for anti-hunger, anti-homelessness initiatives of Catholic Social Services. Rectory, Set, Cook! III began on Feb. 13 and will run for six weeks, wrapping up on … Continue reading "Rectory, Set, Cook! III is now underway"
- Mass for Persons with Disabilities showcases ‘abilities’ of all peopleby Eric Deabill on February 15, 2024 at 7:05 pm
SCRANTON – Practice certainly paid off for Gerard Wazeter, who served as a lector for the Mass for Persons with Disabilities which was held on Feb. 11, 2024. “I practiced a lot. I felt comfortable,” he said. This year was the fourth time the Trucksville resident attended the special Mass at the Cathedral of Saint … Continue reading "Mass for Persons with Disabilities showcases ‘abilities’ of all people"